Turkish rugs were first woven by nomadic cultures as far back as the fifth century B.C. These colorful and functional works of art were used both as floor coverings and as decorations for homes, temples and other living spaces. They could also be traded with other cultures and civilizations for goods needed by these native peoples. While few rugs remain in existence from these ancient times, Turkish rugs continue to be among the most prized and beautiful of the Oriental and antique floor coverings. At Infinity Rug Care, we offer specialized cleaning services for all types of antique and Turkish rugs, allowing our customers to enjoy the most cost-effective and convenient solutions for all their rug care needs.
We Clean All Types of Turkish RugsFrom undisputed masterworks produced by Theodor Tuduc to modern renditions of these floor coverings, Infinity Rug Care can provide expert cleaning services for the following types of Turkish rugs:
- 13th-century Seljuk carpets and rugs
- Symbolic rugs from Central Anatolia
- Bergama rugs with tribal flair
- Oushak rugs in soft pastels
- Hereke rugs that might once have adorned palatial estates
- Sivas Ghiordes rugs
Turkish Rugs Require Special CareAt Infinity Rug Care, we have the skills and the experience needed to ensure that your Turkish rug is clean and ready for use upon its return to you. Between professional cleanings, however, a few simple precautions can extend the life of your valuable floor coverings:
- Protect your Turkish rug from direct sunlight that can fade or damage the dyes used to color these items.
- Rotate your rug every few months to prevent uneven wear patterns.
- Never use commercial cleaning solutions on your antique or Oriental rugs. These compounds can cause serious damage to rug fibers and dyes that could significantly reduce the value of your Turkish rug. Only pure water should be used to dilute stains in preparation for professional cleaning.