Keeping your heirloom and antique rugs in peak condition can allow you to pass these items on to future generations and can protect your investment more effectively. The Infinity Rug Care team can provide expert restoration services to preserve the value of your rug and to return it to its former pristine condition. We go the extra mile for our South Florida residents and use the latest and most effective techniques to restore your rug's beauty and functionality.
Causes of Rug DamageDamage to Oriental and area rugs can occur in a number of different ways:
- Curled-up edges and corners are usually the result of unrelieved tension on the entire rug. These issues require solid expertise to prevent recurrences and to ensure that the problem is resolved without further damage to your rug.
- Moth larvae can eat holes in rug fibers, leaving bald spots that must be repaired to maintain optimal appearance.
- Dye bleed, also known as color run, usually occurs at or near the time of manufacture and may be difficult to remediate after that period.
- Wear across the middle of the rug usually requires sourcing of similar threads or yarns and expert reweaving of the damaged portions of the rug.
- Many rugs become worn or damaged along fold lines. This usually requires mending not only the knots and pile of the rug but also the backing fabrics to which these components are attached.
The Right Solutions for Rug DamageAt Infinity Rug Care, we can deliver the best repair options for your valuable Oriental or antique rug. Our exclusive process includes the following key steps:
- Identifying and procuring the right yarns and threads to match your rug's design and dyes
- Rebuilding the structural elements of your rug to ensure greater stability
- Reknotting pile with careful attention to the designs and dye patterns
- Expert rebuilding of edges and fringes to prevent fraying and ensure greater longevity